Suddenly, many more of us are finding ourselves working from home. And with that comes its own set of challenges. And as we look around, many of us want to have a clean and minimalist office. This means we need to consider every object that is a part of that minimalist office decor. Everything from desks, office chairs, wall art, monitor stands, laptop stands, phone docks, cable management and more needs to be examined. How will all these items in your workspace contribute to a minimalist home office design and aesthetic?
In this article, we’re going to look at the most common items in your home office and figure out how you can create a functional and minimalist office space without sacrificing productivity. We’ll examine simple and compact desks, minimalist office chairs, lamps that exude a sparse quality, cable management, minimalist wall art, headphone stands, and more. Our goal is to provide you with the ultimate minimalist office setup guide that will create a stunning, simple, uncomplicated workspace you’ll want to inhabit for long periods.
MINIMALIST OFFICE DESKS
1. CubiCubi Computer Office Desk 55″
Spacious, but compact with a rustic wooden finish. Created with a faux-board wood and dark metal legs, this desk combines industrial charm with modern weight-bearing features. Additionally, this office desk from CubiCubi comes with a handy storage bag that you can hang on its side. This will help reduce any clutter on your desk and further your goal of having a minimalist looking office space. Next is a handy hook for hanging either a pair of headphones or any other accessory you want to get off your desk space. Available in three sizes and two finishes, this desk is a great start for your minimalist home office design.
- Industrial looking home office desk
- Sturdy design with a metal frame and triangular strut
- Adjustable leg pads for added stability
- 2 Year Warranty
- Brand: CubiCubi
- Model: Computer Desk 47″
- Dimensions: 47″ x 23.6″ x 29.5″
Creating a minimalist home office is often intertwined with the concept that you may have limited space to work with. That’s why this floating computer desk that doubles as a bookshelf with drawers may be the perfect minimalist office desk. It’s available in three sizes, and two different colour finishes. The built-in shelves will further your quest for minimalism by removing unnecessary items off your physical desktop. The spacious storage below provides ample storage space for books, speakers, or other office items. With a load-bearing capacity of nearly 90 lbs, you’ll be safe in knowing that you can use even the largest of wide-screen monitors of iMacs on this desk.
- Available in 3 sizes
- Floating / wall mounted home office desk
- Made from solid wood and wood board
- Can support up to 40 kg of weight
- Brand: AFEO-TV Mount
- Model: Computer Desk Wall Shelf
- Dimensions: Available in three different sizes: 80cm, 100cm, 120cm
3. Structube – Sergio Desk
Clean, sleek, modern and just absolutely beautiful. This mid-century inspired desk uses stunning angles and finishes such as the solid beech wood legs. One small drawer on a metal railing provides some storage space while the raised tabletop sides, which are a high-gloss lacquer, provide both privacy and a cleaner look from all angles. It’s a convenient way to hide some of your computer cable clutter. But don’t let this desks relatively small size fool you. This desk can handle up to 254 lbs of weight. There’s just something about the colour white that screams simplicity and minimalism. That’s part of the reason why I think this would be a perfect minimalist home office desk.
- Made from MDF tabletop with walnut veneer or high-gloss lacquer
- Solid beech wood legs with walnut veneer
- Can support up to 254 lbs.
- Brand: Structube
- Model: Sergio Desk
- Dimensions: 21.5″ x 47″ x 28.5″
4. Orange22 Modern – Minimal Wall Desk
This rather unique and unconventional home office desk is attached to the wall and comes in two sizes. It’s unique shape and angles provide a beautiful and minimalist home office workspace that you’ll love to sit at. With a full keyboard pull-out tray with tons of space on each side, you’ll love how neatly everything can be tucked away. This stunning and minimalist desk is ideal as a laptop station, full desktop station or even a writing desk. Available in a Walnut or Rift Oak finish ships for free within the continental USA but is available for sale to most international destinations.
- Large desk pictured above
- Keyboard tray/drawer extends out
- Available in Walnut or Rift Oak finish
- Brand: Orange22 Modern
- Model: Minimal Wall Desk
- Dimensions: 51″ x 10″ x 16″
5. Structube – Franke Walnut Veneer Desk
If you like wood, and you plan to design your entire minimalist office decor around it, consider this desk. Made of American dark walnut veneer, its clean and contemporary lines take the minimalist aesthetic to the extreme. The Franke is a modern no-fuss, no muss desk that will blend nicely with any simple and sleek decor choices you’ve made for your workspace. And if you’re looking for a bit more space, and want to maintain the same clean aesthetic, this desk is available with an extension. It is also complemented by a walnut veneer filing cabinet and a 4-door walnut veneer credenza.
- Made of natural American walnut veneer
- Extensions and matching office furniture available
- Clearance height under the desk: 71 cm
- Brand: Structube
- Model: Franke Walnut Veneer Desk
- Dimensions: 31.5″ (depth) x 63″ (width) x 29.5″ (height)
MINIMALIST OFFICE CHAIRS
1. Smythe Langley Street Task Chair
This incredible looking minimalist office chair is a marriage of materials that can only be described as astonishing. The mid-back leather desk chair is the perfect addition to your minimalist office. With sleek lines and a combination of white faux leather and solid wood, this office chair screams mid-century cool. Available in two finishes – white faux leather and black faux leather.
- Swivel office chair
- Tilt mechanism
- Seat Height Adjustment
- 200 lbs capacity
- Compatible flooring: Carpet, hardwood
- Brand: Langley Street
- Model: Smythe Langley Street Task Chair
- Dimensions: 25.2″ x 25.2″ x 37″
- Weight: 35.2 lbs
2. Herman Miller Classic Aeron Task Chair
Much ink has been spilled over the Herman Miller Aeron chair, so I won’t bother telling you too much about it, but suffice to say, this chair remains the darling of Silicon Valley and all those that sit in their chair for countless hours. When I first sat in this chair back in the year 2000 at Relic Entertainment’s offices, it immediately felt like this was the most comfortable chair I had ever sat in. And I don’t mean by a little. The Herman Miller Aeron Task Chair was a game-changer, and it remains to this day, one of the best choices when looking to stock your office with a minimalist and highly comfortable office chair.
- 12-Year warranty
- 3 distinct sizes
- Breathable seat and back
- Adjustable tilt and seat angle
- Fully adjustable arms
- Brand: Herman Miller
- Model: Classic Aeron Task Chair
- Dimensions: Dependant on size
- Weight: 35.2 lbs
3. Kartell – Spoon Task Chair
This chair from Kartell combines just the right levels of utility and aesthetic appeal. Its minimalist form provides a high degree of comfort with armrests that are surprisingly sturdy and comfortable. Made of a one-piece batched-dyed polypropylene (it’s a type of fancy plastic composite), the Spoon Task Chair has received numerous awards for its design. It is made with highly recyclable parts owing to an environmentally friendly manufacturing process. The one-piece design provides not only true minimalist office chair bona fides, but its mixture of angles and curves add a subtle sense of power and beauty to any office or workspace setting.
- Available in three different colour combinations
- Upholstered polyurethane cushion
- Swivel mechanism
- Fixed armrest
- Brand: Kartell
- Model: Spoon Task Chair
- Dimensions: 24″ x 28.38″ x 21.5″
- Weight: 20.46 lbs
4. Herman Miller – Sayl Task Chair
Another terrific chair with a stunning and minimalist design is the Herman Miller Sayl Task chair. Its back frame is made of a 3D intelligent material that not only allows for maximum ventilation but was also made to vary in thickness and tension. If you look closely, you’ll see that the strands’ width is not equal, and neither is the size of each hole. Herman Miller says this was done to provide greater support in transition areas along the spine and less everywhere else to provide for a full range of seated movement. Inspired by the look of suspension bridges, including the Golden Gate bridge, the Sayl Task chair will make a wonderful addition to your minimalist office setup.
- 12-year warranty
- 90% recyclable
- Ventilated elastomer back for air circulation
- Brand: Herman Miller
- Model: Sayl Task Chair
- Dimensions: 33.75-40.75″ (height) x 24.5″ (width) x 16-18″ (depth)
- Weight: 38 lbs
5. Williston Forge – Leatherette Metal Swivel Executive Chair
I won’t lie, like the Herman Millers on this list, this Williston Forge chair is not on the cheap side. But given its looks and features, it’s more than worth every penny. This high-back minimalist office chair features top-grain leather and five horizontal panels as the backrest. Available in four distinct colour finishes, it’s a stylish and distinguished aesthetic you can add to your minimalist home office decor.
- Swivel mechanism
- Seat height adjustment
- Weight capacity of 220lbs
- Brand: Williston Forge
- Model: Leatherette Metal Swivel Executive Chair
- Dimensions: 26.77″ (width) x 22.44″ (depth)
6. AmazonBasics – High Back Executive Swivel Office Desk Chair
Sometimes, the best option is the simplest one. Now you might be surprised to see an AmazonBasics chair being lauded as one of the best minimalist office chairs that you can buy. But rest assured, I’m actually sitting in one of these as I write this. When Amazon first came out with their line of first-party AmazonBasics merchandise, as almost all large retailers do, some people were skeptical. But Amazon knows what it’s doing. I’ve now owned multiple AmazonBasics products, and there is no lacking of quality. In fact, I’d say the AmazonBasics brand is now synonymous with great products at great prices. All that applies to this high-back executive office chair with 360-degree swivel capability.
It’s comfortable, ergonomic and easy on my back. So if you prefer the polished chrome details that pervade the arms and five-point base with rolling caster wheels, this is a great choice for a minimalist office chair. All that plus it’s a very affordable chair.
- Exceptional lumbar support
- Seat height adjustment
- Weight capacity of 330lbs
- Soft and durable foam cushion
- Ribbed faux-leather construction
- One-touch seat height adjustment
- Brand: AmazonBasics
- Model: High-Back Executive Swivel Office Desk Chair
MINIMALIST DESK LAMPS
1. Simple Designs LD1036-BLK Black Bronson Antique Style Desk Lamp
This beautiful desk lamp exudes a minimalist style and playfully adopts the look of lights you could be expected to find at the turn of the last century. It’s clean lines result in a minimalist desk lamp that looks like an old-school lantern and uses an Edison style bulb, which will go nicely with almost any minimalist aesthetic you have planned for your office. It’s available in four finishes, including matte black, rustic matte white, rose gold (copper), and flawless chrome.
- Clear Glass Shade
- Works best with Edison Bulb
- On-Off switch on the cord
- Brand: Original Simple Designs
- Model: Bronson Antique Style Industrial Iron Lantern Desk Lamp
- Height: 18.75″
2. Greyleigh – Aalin 19″ Desk Lamp
This small and minimalist lamp almost resembles a mini-tripod. I mean that in the cutest possible way of-course. Its compact and simple aesthetic with a rounded head gives it a sense of friendliness and personality that most desk lamps don’t have. Perfect for a home office, reading desk or side table, this desk lamp has adjustable arms and provides an austere but warm vintage feel.
- 60 Inch cord length
- Metal base
- Maximum wattage: 60 Watts
- Brand: Greyleigh
- Model: Aalin 19″ Desk Lamp
- Height: 19″
3. ZANEEN DESIGN – Plie 16″ Desk Lamp
Mincing words about the price of this lamp is pointless. It’s expensive. Plain and simple. But this is a high-end desk lamp conceived to not only provide the function of flooding an area with light but simply to be a stunning part of your office decor. It’s purely minimalist. And from certain angles, it would appear that its geometric shape is almost impossible. The integrated LED light bulb is built into the lamp and is rated to last about 50,000 hours. If you left this lamp on constantly and never turned it off, the LED bulb would last about 5.7 years.
- Lumen: 475
- Manufactured in Spain
- Bulb type: 6W LED Bulb
- Colour temperature: 3000k
- Brand: ZANEEN design
- Model: Plie 16″ Desk Lamp
- Height: 16″
4. LITE Source – LS-306PS Halotech 29-Inch Desk Lamp in Polished Steel
If you’re looking for that classic cantilevered look, this Lite Source desk lamp is a great choice. Available in Silver, Dark Black, Black and White finishes, this awesome and minimalist lamp uses a polished steel finish. It also has adjustable shade along with being able to go up as high as 29 inches. With a great oversized and heavyweight counter base, the lamp isn’t flimsy, yet its footprint is minimalist so that it won’t take up much space on your desk.
- Polished steel finish with adjustable shade
- Counterbalance for adjusting the arm
- Touch dimmer switch
- Brand: Lite Source
- Model: LS-306PS Halotech 29-inch 8W LED Desk Lamp
5. Pablo Designs – Clamp Freestanding 26.5″ Desk Lamp
Pablo Designs is one of the most incredible lamp design companies in the world. When it comes to designing futuristic looking, simplified and minimalist lamps, no company in the world comes even close. With that, however, comes a higher price tag. But if you’re looking for the best minimalist office lamps in the world, their brand is worth considering. That brings us to this confusingly named lamp. Let me clear up that confusion first. This is a Freestanding lamp. I’m not sure why they have the word Clamp in there to muddy the waters. With a minimal footprint and astonishingly minimalist design, the lamp includes an arm that effortlessly cantilevers from its angled post and can be adjusted to nearly any desired position.
- 3000k colour temperature
- 360 Degree arm rotation
- Hi-low dim control
- 50k hour lifespan
- Made out of solid wood
- Brand: Pablo Designs
- Model: Clamp Freestanding 26.5″ Desk Lamp
- Height: 26.5″
6. Arne Jacobsen – AJ Table Lamp
Another expensive but astonishingly beautiful desk lamp for your minimalist office is the Arne Jacobsen AJ Table Lamp. This lamp is more a piece of art than a lamp. This is reflected in the pricing. Sure it shines some light, but what it does is make people audibly gasp when they see it. Designed by Arne Jacobsen in 1960 for the SAS Royal Hotel in Copenhagen, its form has withstood the decades and remains one of the most famous minimalist desk lamps ever made.
- Designed by Arne Jacobsen
- Manufactured in Denmark
- Incandescent bulb
- Brand: Louis Poulsen
- One 12 Watt LED lamp
- 1100 Lumens
7. Derenzo 23″ Desk Lamp
Today’s modern desks and workspaces are covered with digital devices such as monitors, tablets, smartphones and headphones. This lamp was designed to correctly light your workspace without monitor glare, flickering or other distractions. The curved head and strategically placed LED lights up 50% more work area without generating direct light to create monitor glare. The built-in LED lights are rated to last for 17 years!
- Provides natural light
- Multiple points of articulation allow for flexible adjustment
- Heavy base
- Flicker-free LED technology
- Smart-lighting controls adjust the brightness based on ambient light
- Adjustment knob allows you to control colour temperature and brightness
- Brand: Orren Ellis
- Model: Derenzo 23″ Desk Lamp
- Height: 23″
MINIMALIST PHONE DOCKS
1. Anker Wireless Charger
Anker has become one of my favourite brands when it comes to computer and phone accessories. They’ve become known for their outstanding product quality and world-class customer service. I called them once about a part that I had mistakenly thought was broken in a robotic vacuum I bought, and even though I was well out of the warranty period, the offered to replace the whole thing for free.
So I can tell you with tons of confidence that practically any Anker product you buy, you’ll be more than satisfied. That applies to this minimalist phone dock. It’s designed to work for most wirelessly charged phones, including the last few generations of iPhones, Samsung flagship phones, and Android phones using the Qi Wireless Charging standard. In addition to its minimalist characteristics, and solid black or solid white finish, this Qi-compatible phone dock from Anker will allow you to charge your phone in an either horizontal or vertical position.
- 10W wireless charging dock
- Case friendly – charge right through your case (non-metal only)
- High-speed charging
- Overcharging protection and temperature control
- Brand: Anker
- Model: Wireless Charger, Powerwave 7.5 Stand
- Compatibility: Most Qi wireless charging capable phones
2. Belkin Powerhouse Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
Belkin has become another household name in the world of phone accessories. Like with the Anker charging dock above, this minimalist phone + Apple Watch charger is available in two finely crafted colours, black and white. This dual-charging stand is a perfect fit for your minimalist office setup and is fully adjustable, so you don’t have to take your iPhone out of its case to charge. So go ahead, charge and display two devices at once while keeping unsightly cables and wires out of view on your minimalist office desk.
- iPhone charging through the lightning connector
- Case friendly – charge right through your case (non-metal only)
- Wireless charging for Apple Watch
- Adjustable to fit almost any case size
- Brand: Belkin
- Model: Powerhouse Charging Dock
- Compatibility: All iPhones with lightning connector and all Apple Watches
3. Studio Neat – Material Dock
Available in a variety of minimalist phone dock options with and without Qi wireless charging, this is the Studio Neat iPhone and Apple Watch charger. The combination of wood, cork and felt materials make for a lovely, warm, and minimalist phone dock that would be a welcome addition to any office desk or workspace that wants to keep clutter to a minimum. The dock’s base is milled from solid walnut with a matte finish, while the backing pieces are made of moulded cork. The wireless charging pad is a natural wood felt. All this to say that the mix of materials makes for a lovely contrast with the iPhone and Apple Watch.
- Qi-certified. Supports iPhone 7.5W charging
- Includes a braided 2-meter woven cable
- Works with cases up to 3mm thick
- No LEDs to indicate charging
- Brand: Studio Neat
- Model: Material Dock
- Compatibility: All iPhones with lightning or Wireless Qi charging
4. Native Union Dock Wireless Charger Stand
This is the type of phone dock that takes the minimalist look to the absolute extreme. It’s essentially a one-piece design that provides a sleek and stable base for charging your iPhone or iPad. It’s striking design isn’t just for looks. The dual coil charging embedded within will allow you to charge your device in either portrait or landscape orientation, and the combination of hard-wearing textile and precision engineered steel makes it sturdy and robust.
- Compatible with QI charging devices
- Perfect viewing angle
- Works with most cases and covers
- Comes with a USB-C to USB-A 6.5 foot braided cable
- Brand: Native Union
- Model: Dock Wireless Charger Stand
- Compatibility: All iPhones and iPads with lightning port
5. Oakywood – iPhone or Android Dock Square
The Oakywood brand has come up time and time again in my journeys around the web, searching for clean, beautiful and minimalist products. They’re specialists at crafting unusual objects out of various woods that fit the bill of functional minimalist. That’s why it’s no surprise that they also have this amazing smartphone dock, available in iPhone and Android versions. Hand-crafted out of solid walnut or oak wood and finished with environmentally friendly oils, this wooden dock has a natural wood shine.
- One-handed operation (micro-suction technology)
- Adjustable backing – works with almost any phone case
- iPhone version includes MFI certified Apple lighting cord
- Brand: Oakywood
- Model: Dock Square
- Compatibility: All iPhones with lightning port. Android version compatible with all micro USB or USB-C powered devices.
- Size: 3.1″ x 3.1″ x 1.65″
6. Grovemade Wireless Charging Pad
So obviously, this is not a dock, but this product’s minimalism game is strong. Available in three different versions, including a Dark and Light cork version as well as a dark version with a brass ring around the base, the subtle details of this charging pad are what makes it sing. The solid metal base and cork top come together totally flush, providing a smooth edge around the entire product. The braided cord wraps around cleanly under the dock when you don’t need its full length, allowing you to keep things clean, tidy and uncluttered. A beautiful minimalist wireless charging pad for any Qi-compatible device. Just what the minimalist office doctor ordered.
- Manufactured in Portland, Oregon
- Power: 5watts
- Made of Natural Cork and Stainless Steel
- Works with most cases up to 3mm thick
- Brand: Grovemade
- Model: Wireless Charging Pad
- Compatibility: All Qi-enabled mobile devices. Not compatible with Apple watch or Airpods.
MINIMALIST DESK CLOCKS
1. Driini Concrete Twin Bell Desk Clock
We’re going to start off this list of minimalist desk clocks with a clock that’s made of a material you normally would not associate with an office desk accessory. This clock from Driini is made from concrete. With the same finish, you would expect to see on a newly paved sidewalk; the Driini Concrete desk clock is complemented with two painted white aluminum clock and minute hands. It’s quiet, and non-ticking operation using a precision quartz movement makes for a perfect piece of decor amidst your minimalist home office. Oh, and the bells at the top of the clock are purely for decoration, but they look quite stylish, don’t they? The clean, minimalist and unique clock operates on one single AA battery.
- Swiss Quartz movement
- Unique concrete construction
- Compact size
- Silent operation
- Brand: Driini
- Model: Twin Bell Desk Clock
- Size: 4.3″ x 4.3″ x 1.5″
2. RedGo – Desk Clock with Digital LED Display
I must confess, this is also an alarm clock that you could easily stick on your bed-side. But when looking for a minimalist and stylish clock to adorn your office desk, we mustn’t be too hasty in dismissing an object as purely simple, sleek and affordable as this. But don’t let its cubical, Borg-like design fool you. This energy-saving clock made out of wood features an LED display that can be woken by clapping your hands or by tapping the clock. It supports 12 or 24-hour time-display and can display the date, local temperature, and day of the week. It’s stylish LED has three brightness levels and can be powered by a USB-A – DC jack or four AA batteries.
- Black wooden desk clock made of recyclable bamboo
- Dual-power supply
- LED display
- 3 brightness levels
- Super energy saving mode
- Brand: RedGo
- Model: Desk Clock with Digital LED Display
- Size: 2.5″ x 2.5″ x 2.5″
3. Betus – Retro Style Flip Desk Clock
This retro-inspired mechanical display clock is a truly unique object. You can rely on it being a conversation piece every time someone notices it on your desk. Inspired by the split-flap design often seen in old train stations that have not upgraded to digital signs, this clock features a stainless steel frame and ABS cards that rotate to show the hour and minute of the day. Available in two different sizes, this purely minimalist and retro style desk clock is powered by a single D battery and can also be mounted on a wall. So go ahead, stick it on your desk and be transported into a time of yesteryear, where everyone cared a bit more about the way things looked.
- Easy to read from a distance
- Adjust the time using a single knob next to the minute display
- AM/PM display
- One-year warranty
- Brand: Betus
- Model: Retro Style Flip Desk Clock
- Size: Small: 8″ x 5.5″, Large: 14″ x 5.5″
4. LaMetric Time Connected Wi-Fi Clock
I remember first seeing this clock years ago when it made its first appearance as a wildly successful Kickstarter project. Ever since, I’ve been lusting after this desk clock, but have been told by my wife that it’s a frivolous purchase. But I digress.
Since 2014, LaMetric has been selling this wild desk clock, though really it’s more of a Internet Connected object that is capable of a wide variety of functions. Featuring connectivity to its own app-store via an iOS or Android app, the LaMetric desk clock features social media counters, productivity apps, weather displays, clock displays, and more. It’s also IFTTT connected and works with Philips Hue, Google Assistant and Amazon’s Alexa.
- Connected smart-clock
- Choose from thousands of unique clock-faces
- Internet-radio connected
- Temperature, humidity and conditions report
- Display any message you like
- Send Smartphone notifications straight to the clock
- Includes stereo speakers – stream music directly from Apple Music, Spotify or Pandora
- Show a music equalizer
- Sync with common cloud calendars to show meeting times
- Show social media follower counts
- Show revenue by connecting your clock to Google Analytics
- Full IFTTT integration
- Brand: LaMetric
- Model: Time
- Size: 7.9″ x 1.4″ x 2.4″
5. Mondaine Shelf Clock
Mondaine is better known for its rich heritage of designing and manufacturing timepieces rooted in the design of Swiss Railways clocks. The modern and minimalist design has stood the test of time (no pun intended). It has been repeated in various permutations, throughout watches, clocks, and other timepieces time and time again. The same clock face design comes to this refined Shelf Clock. With its square design, the exterior of this desk clock is a combination of silicon, a satin finish stainless steel, and flat profile mineral glass (the same kind you find on high-end watches). Powered by a genuine Ronda Swiss quartz movement, you can be assured that this desk clock won’t just look awesome on your desk and give you that retro-minimalist Mad Men-style, it will also last.
- Swiss quartz movement
- Stainless steel case
- Case diameter: 49 mm
- Hour, minute and second hands
- Brand: Mondaine
- Model: Shelf Clock
- Size: 7 cm x 7 cm x 4 cm
6. Makenology – Nixie Tube Clock Boulder 2
Surely you’ve come across a Nixie Tube clock before? No? Well, let me tell you about it. A Nixie Tube is an electronic device used for displaying numbers or other information using something called glow discharge. The glass tube is filled with a wire-mesh anode and cathodes shaped in particular ways. Adding a charge to one cathode surrounds it with a glow discharge. The tube is usually filled with a neon, mercury and argon mixture. The result is this amazing Nixie Tube desk clock that adds all the retro-minimalistic flare you’ll ever need in your office or workspace.
CABLE MANAGEMENT FOR A MINIMALIST OFFICE AND WORKSPACE
- Stainless Steel Black Gray base
- Time and date display
- 12 / 24 hours mode
- Brand: Makenology
- Model: Nixie Tube Clock Boulder 2
1. Bluelounge CableBox Cable and Cord Management System
As I mentioned in my opening preamble, the one thing we haven’t quite figured out as a technologically advanced society is how to get power to all of our devices at a meaningful distance. Sure, there’s some physics and fundamental laws of nature in the way, but come on scientists. I’m tired of having to use tricks to hide all my power cables. I want a clean and minimalist office, and that means no goddamn power cables. You don’t see wires on Star Trek, do you now? Well, in the meanwhile, we have to live with some clever solutions.
For those of you who want to cover up those cords and cables under your desk, a cable box like this one from Bluelounge is a good solution to the problem. It keeps excess cords neatly hidden and is large enough to fit wide and long surge protectors. This box cable management solution is made from high-density, flame-retardant plastic and is available in black, white, moonlight blue and light sage colour options.
- Large enough to encompass large surge protectors and power strips
- Large enough to fit power boxes
- Constructed out of superior quality flame-retardant plastic
- Easy access to the inside by top lid
- Handy rubber feet to prevent sliding on hardwood floors
- Brand: Bluelounge
- Model: Cable and Cord Management System
- Size: 6.25″ x 16″ x 5.25″
2. DMoose Cable Management Box Organizer
This floor cable management solution is a great alternative to the Bluelounge I mentioned above. The main difference is that the Dmoose is made primarily of wood and also has some neat raised edges on the lid to provide a safe and convenient place to store your small electronic devices while they charge. Like with the Bluelounge, the Dmoose cable management box organizer will do a great job of organizing and tidying your jumble of cables. Get your tangled web of wires out of sight as you set your power cords, surge protectors and power strips inside. And if you happen to have a minor flood, the raised side plates protect your devices from water intrusion.
- Fireproof ABS high-density plastic construction
- Curved edges for safety
- Lightweight construction
- Rubber feet for a steady hold on the floor or your desk
- Brand: Dmoose
- Model: Cable Management Box Organizer
- Size: 16″ x 5″ x 6″
3. Kootek 118 Inch Cable Management Cord Sleeve
While the above two products do an excellent job of tidying the cables on the floor and by your feet, you’re still going to have plenty of wires to contend with that snake down into that box and onto your desk. That means you need some sort of solution to group all those cables. Enter this cord sleeve from Kootek. It’s made of a flexible and durable neoprene material designed to last. Its 118-inch length means you’ll be able to cut it down to several smaller pieces for the perfect organizing length. So It’s also reversible so you can have either a white or black sleeve, closed with a sturdy velcro enclosure. This cable organizing solution is another great step in achieving that minimalist office look you’ve been looking to achieve.
- 118 inches
- Cut into smaller pieces
- Can cut holes in the material to allow for cable ends to come out at any point of the sleeve
- Brand: Kootek
- Model: 118-inch Cable Management Neoprene Sleeve
- Size: 118″ x 5.3″ x 1.3″
4. TviewSmart – Cable Clips
Part of any smart and clutter-free system to maintaining a minimalist office desk is a way to keep those cables that do make it onto your desk, tidy and guided to the proper places. An effective way of doing that is these self-adhesive cable clips. Made of 100% silicone, these nontoxic clips are suitable for cables 6mm or less in thickness but should accommodate most cables. The added bonus of these cable organization clips is that they’ll keep your cords from falling to the floor if you ever need to unplug something.
- Keep cables on your desk organized
- Made of 100% silicone
- Self-Adhesive 3M backing is sturdy, but won’t leave a residue when you peel it off.
- Includes – 5 pack cable clip management (2 one slot cable holders, 1 triple slot cable holder, 1 five slot cable holder, 1 seven slot cable holder)
- Brand: TviewSmart
- Model: Cable Clips, 5 Pack
MINIMALIST MONITOR STANDS
1. Latitude Run – Garbani Premium Acrylic Monitor Stand
Made of a premium see-through acrylic material, this almost invisible monitor stand doubles as a stand and organizer with two shelves and space enough to fit even larger keyboards underneath. Rounded and smooth edges add an air of sophistication and cleanliness to the look and feel of this beautiful monitor stand. The hole cutout at the back of this riser allows you to snake any keyboard or peripheral cables neatly. If your plan is to maintain some minimalism in your workspace, this monitor stand is a winning choice.
- Made of see-through acrylic
- 2 shelves
- Accommodates the storage of keyboards up to 15 inches wide
- Brand: Latitude Run
- Model: Garbani Premium Acrylic Monitor Stand
- Dimensions: 4.75″ x 20″ x 7.5″
- Weight: 4.37 lbs
2. Satechi – Aluminum Universal Unibody Monitor Stand
If your primary monitor is an iMac or you’re some sort of fancy video-editing professional and are running with the Apple Pro Display XDR, this minimalist monitor stand from Satechi is an obvious choice. Clearly designed for the Apple user that wants to raise their iMac, iMac Pro, or even MacBook pro off their desk, while providing a Space Grey colour match, this slim and low-profile monitor riser holds up to 31 lbs of weight. Simple, strong and beautifully machined. This is a minimalist office accessory that will feel right at home with all your shiny Macs.
- Aluminum monitor stand
- Supports up to 31 lbs.
- Space below to fit a slim keyboard and mouse
- Brand: Satechi
- Model: Aluminum Universal Unibody Monitor Stand
- Dimensions: 15.6″ x 8.25″ x 1.75″
3. Latitude Run – Destrie Computer Monitor Stand
If your office setup is less sleek aluminum and glass, and more warm tones and wooden vibes, this minimalist wooden monitor stand is right up your alley. Just tall enough to fit most low-profile keyboards, it’s also strong enough to support most large monitors. At twelve inches deep, it also provides plenty of additional surface space alongside where your monitor’s base will stand.
- Made of 15mm melamine faced chipboard
- It only weighs 5.5 lbs.
- Can support large monitors
- Brand: Latitude Run
- Model: Destrie Computer Monitor Stand
- Dimensions: 2″ x 29″ x 12″
4. VIVO – Black Dual Monitor Desktop Monitor Stand
Designed specifically for dual monitor setups, this stand from VIVO will immediately confer the benefit of freeing up valuable desk space. It does this by offering plenty of storage space below the surface of the stand. Designed to be strong, sturdy, and elevate your two monitors to a height that is ergonomically comfortable, it also features beautiful minimalist lines. Made of a combination of solid steel and wood, it’s a good addition to any minimalist office setup.
- Solid steel footing
- Made of steel and wood
- The weight capacity is 44lbs.
- Anti-slip silicone padding provides solid footing and protects the tabletop surface from scratches.
- Brand: VIVO
- Model: Black Wood 39 inch Wide Extra Long Desktop Stand
- Dimensions: 39″ x 10″ x 4.125″
5. Mercer 41 – Cabral Barrow Monitor Stand
Of-course, some minimalists like the look of glass and thus have chosen to arrange their minimalist office design around the concept of see-through items. This can even include a fancy, nearly all-glass minimalist office desk.
So if you’re looking to complement the mostly glass type of office decor, these glass monitor stands from Mercer41 are an ideal fit. Available two different sizes, the Cabral Barrow monitor stand is made of tempered glass and aluminum and was designed to keep your workspace organized, neat and provide a stable surface for your monitor at just the right height.
- Aluminum and glass construction
- Available in two sizes
- Brand: Mercer41
- Model: Cabral Barrow Monitor Stand
- Dimensions: 4.73″ x 15.36″ x 10.24″
- Weight: 5.94 lbs.
6. AboveTEK Acrylic Monitor Stand
Affordable, simple, clean and most importantly of all, minimalist. This acrylic monitor stand has the built-in advantage of tucking in neatly into almost any decor choice you make for your office. That’s what makes it so versatile. Designed to support computer and monitors weighing up to 50 lbs, the AboveTEK Acrylic monitor stand will support just about any size device you stick on it. Just don’t get tempted to put some 60 inch TV on it, that’s probably not going to work out so well. Elegant, practical and nicely polished, this half-inch thick acrylic stand is an affordable and stylish choice for your minimalist office.
- Made of half-inch thick acrylic
- Raise your monitor about 3.5 inches off your desk
- Minimize desk clutter
- Brand: AboveTEK
- Model: Premium Acrylic Monitor Stand
- Dimensions: 20.4″ x 8″ x 3.5″
MINIMALIST & STYLISH HEADPHONE STANDS
1. Avantree Universal Wooden & Aluminum Headphone Stand
If you’re looking for a superb mix of materials in your headphone stand, you’ve stumbled across the right product. This stand from Avantree is an excellent use of aluminum and wood to create an attractive headphone stand and hanger that is compatible with most major brands, including Sennheiser, Sony, Audio-Technica, Bose, Beats, and more. In addition to its stable and sturdy structure, the Avantree features an ingenious wooden tray that allows those of you who still use wired headphones to have them neatly wrapped and off your office desk.
- Aluminum & wood construction
- Taller than most headphone stands to ensure maximum compatibility
- Brand: Avantree
- Model: Universal Wooden & Aluminum Headphone Stand
- Dimensions: 30.5 x 13.5 x 18.5 cm
- Weight: 390 grams
2. 6amLifestyle – Headset Mount
This dual headphones hanger, cause I can’t reasonably call it a stand, is a different solution to storing your headphones in a minimalist way while you’re not actively using them. Able to hold up to two pairs of headphones, this hook mounts to the underside of your desk using either the included screws or a strong VHB two-sided tape. Like with most headphone stands, this one offers near-universal compatibility. It’s also available in a space grey and black colour option. So get your headphones off your neatly organized desk and start living the minimalist office lifestyle.
- Mount using two-sided tape or screws
- Available in two colours
- Maximum load is 500 grams (which is far more than what most headphones weigh)
- Brand: 6amLifestyle
- Model: Headset Mount
- Dimensions: 3.6″ x 1.5″ x 0.97″
- Weight: 1.37 ounces
3. Grovemade – The Headphone Stand
I honestly wish that sometimes I could simply buy Grovemade’s entire product lineup. Their shockingly good taste in creating wooden products that tickle my minimalist fancy borders on the preternatural. Everything from monitor stands, wireless charging pads to this headphone stand is an object of lust for any minimalist office aficionado. Available in Walnut and Maple finishes, the Grovemade Headphone Stand combines an unusual mix of wood, stainless steel and leather. With machined grooves in the top of the stand providing extra grip to ensure that your headphones don’t slip off, the stand is made of premium materials you normally wouldn’t expect in for this type of product. And if you’re already running with a combination of aluminum, steel or wood for your minimalist office setup, this headphone stand will pair well with that decor choice.
- Stable stainless steel base
- Vegetable-tanned leather is soft and protective
- Available in two wood and leather finishes
- Fits most headphones
- Natural cork feet
- Brand: Grovemade
- Model: The Headphone Stand
- Dimensions: 9″ x 1.125″ x 5.75″
- Weight: 2.25 lbs
4. Avantree – Metal Dual Headphones Stand
Perhaps you’re not sporting two pairs of headphones, but maybe you want to hang up your headphones and another item. This sturdy and all-metal headphone stand design from Avantree is more than capable of accomplishing that. Additionally, the base provides extra storage space for your knick-nacks. Featuring a standing height of 9.8 inches, this stand offers a safe and secure storage option to keep your headphones in pristine condition.
- Reliable and heavy base to prevent tipping over
- Contoured hanger for additional grip
- Compatible with most headphones
- Made of a combination of Galvanized sheet metal and aluminum
- Brand: Avantree
- Model: Metal Dual Headphones Stand
- Dimensions: 25 cm height
- Weight: 490 grams
5. Avantree Universal Aluminum Desk Headphone Stand
Another sleek and space-saving design comes in the form of this headphone stand from, yep, you guess it, Avantree. It’s almost like the people at that company love making headphone stands or something. It’s affordable; it’s sleek and features solid steel construction to provide a stable foundation for your headphones. Stop looking at it, and check it out.
- Aluminum construction
- Soft silicone support at the top
- Suitable for most headphones
- Brand: Avantree
- Model: Universal Aluminum Desk Headphone Stand
BIAS LIGHTING FOR YOUR MINIMALIST OFFICE
1. Power Practical – Luminoodle USB Bias Lighting
Available in a wide variety of sizes, he Luminoodle USB bias lighting is a perfect ambient lighting back strip that can relieve eye strain while working at your desk. It includes the ability to display light in up to fifteen colours at ten different brightness levels and even three fade modes. So whether you’re looking for just a bit of extra warm white backlighting or something a little more crazy like neon green, this LED lighting back strip is a perfect minimalist office idea.
- Available in 3 sizes
- Easy installation
- Powered by USB – turns on or off with your Monitor or TV
- 15 colours, 10 brightness levels, 3 fade modes
- Brand: Power Practical
- Model: Luminoodle
2. Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus – 2nd Generation
If you’re already in the Philips Hue ecosystem and want to maintain control of all your lighting in one place, this light strip is the right addition to your minimalist home office. With a great deal of flexibility, you’ll be able to shape this strip and attach it to any solid surface, including the back of your monitors using the adhesive tape on the back. Using additional packages, you can extend this strip to a whopping 33 feet and output a massive 1600 lumen. The high-quality LEDs will allow you to display up to 16 million different colours. Combine it with the Philips Hue Bridge, and you’ll be able to use it with the Amazon Alexa, Apple’s Homekit and Google Assistant.
- 1600 Lumen output
- 16 million colours
- Set custom scenes
- Voice control using Philips Hue Bridge
- Brand: Philips Hue
- Model: Lightstrip Plus – 2nd Generation
3. Philips Hue Play Double Kit
If you want to give your office a bit of ambient lighting, but you don’t want to fuss with light strips, the Play Double Kit from Philips Hue is worth a look. With the ability to create a gorgeous backlight for your television, or monitor setup, the Hue Play has included clips and double-sided tape to allow for easy installation. Compact, versatile, and the ability to sync with movies, music and games, the Philips Hue Play puts out a stunning 16 million colours of light.
- 1600 Lumen output
- 16 million colours
- Set custom scenes
- Voice control using Philips Hue Bridge
- Brand: Philips Hue
- Model: Play Double Kit
MINIMALIST LAPTOP STANDS
1. Twelve South Curve for MacBook
This modern and minimal design interpretation on a laptop stand is courtesy of Twelve South. A company known for its industrial design chops. Made out of one piece of aluminum, the elegant curve and ideal 25-degree tilt of this laptop stand will raise your Macbook or other laptops 6.5 inches off the ground. The open-air design leaves the laptop base exposed for optimal cooling, and the full silicone coverage on the arms prevents any scratching from occurring. Compatible with laptops from 11-17″ from brands like Apple, HP, Microsoft, Lenovo and more, the Twelve South laptop stand is as much a work of art as it is a piece of functional minimalism on your desk.
- Available in Silver and Black finishes
- Elevates laptop 6.5″ off the ground
- Sculpted aluminum design
- Brand: Twelve South
- Model: Curve for Macbook
2. Grovemade – Walnut Laptop Stand
Sometimes finding the right accessories to pair your wooden themed minimalist office can be tough. That’s especially true of laptop stands, which are almost universally made of aluminum or steel. Like the white knight that comes in for the rescue at the last possible second, Grovemade comes through once again. This stunning walnut laptop stand elevates your laptop as you work, watch and play. The angled platform provides the right ergonomics, and the stainless steel stop that is lined with premium vegetable-tanned leather offers a bulwark for your device to rest.
- Manufactured in Portland, Oregon
- Made of American Black Walnut
- Stainless Steel Stop
- Domestic Vegetable Tanned Leather lining to prevent scratching
- Natural Cork Feet
- Brand: Grovemade
- Model: Walnut Laptop Stand
- Dimensions: 18″ x 20.5″ x 3.25″ x 6″ x 11.5″
- Supports up to 200lbs, though if you have a laptop that weighs that much, you’ve got more problems than trying to decide what kind of a laptop stand would look best in your minimalist office space.
3. MeFee Adjustable Laptop Stand
I’ll admit that when I first saw this laptop stand from MeFee it didn’t do much for me. After all, it kind of looked like a bit of a Transformer. But the more I analyzed it, the more I realized that its features far outweighed any potential design flaws. Made of lightweight ABS plastic with non-slip rubber surface pads, this laptop stand is adjustable to lift your laptop from 5.5 to 7 inches off the ground. This is perfect for getting the ideal ergonomics for you. It’s compatible with laptops between 10 and 15.6″ and also features a hollow design to allow for improved heat dissipation The mobile phone bracket on one side doubles as a convenient phone stand. And if you find yourself in an open-office type situation, the base sits on a 360° rotatable bottom, allowing you to swivel the laptop.
- Adjust from 5.5 to 7 inches in height
- Compatible with 10-15.6″ laptops
- Portable and foldable
- Brand: MeFee
- Model: Adjustable Laptop Stand
- Supports up to 44 lbs.
4. Rain Design – mStand Laptop Stand
Taking an ultra-minimalist approach, Rain Design forged this notebook stand to raise any laptop to an ergonomically comfortable height of 5.9 inches. The single-piece aluminum design provides plenty of stability while allowing the base to serve as a heatsink. Designed to match silver-coloured Macbooks, the sandblasted and anodized finish is a sleek match for your Apple ecosystem. This is a no-frills stand that is designed to conceal the fact that there is even a stand holding your laptop. It may even look like its floating above your desk’s surface. Pretty cool, huh?
- Includes a 2-inch diameter back-cable hole
- Compatible with laptops with depths less than 10.4 inches
- The aluminum base makes your laptop cooler by acting as a heatsink
- Brand: Rain Design
- Model: mStand
5. Soundance Aluminum Laptop Stand
While the sleek look and feel of this laptop stand is similar to a few of the ones I’ve already featured in this list, I wanted it to include for one main reason. That reason is the five beautiful colour finishes. Available in silver, grey, black, gold, and pink, it’s a perfect match for any minimalist office decor. It’s also a perfect match for most laptops. I’ll save you all the usual hoopla about its features. By now, you’re probably familiar with all the benefits. Check them out below:
- Raises laptops 6 inches off the ground
- Increases laptop cooling leading to better performance
- Compatible with laptops up to 15.6 inches
- Includes anti-slip rubber pads on the top to keep your laptop in place and protect it from scratches
- Brand: Soundance
- Model: Aluminum Laptop Stand