For years, both the fashion world and traditional manufacturers of camera bags were guilty of ignoring the women’s market. But in recent years, there’s been a significant change. Now, there is a huge variety of camera bags for women available in all kinds of shapes, sizes, and quality levels. Of course, this means that with plenty of choices comes the question of how to pick the right camera bag for yourself or the woman in your life. First, there’s the question of aesthetics. If the preference is for traditional more, manly looking bags, there are thousands of options on the market. Still, if you’re looking specifically for camera bags that have a more female appeal, you’ve landed on the right article. We’ve also extensively covered the best camera backpacks you can buy.
Once you’ve decided upon a look for your women’s camera bag, it’s time to think about functionality. What kind of equipment do you shoot with? A DSLR? A mirrorless camera, perhaps a point-and-shoot? Depending on what your shooting workflow is and what type of camera and lenses you typically like to carry around, you’ll find there are plenty of choices around size, compartment, and styles. This of-course includes the wildly popular purse-like women’s camera bags, as well as more traditional styles such as shoulder bags, holster cases, backpacks, totes, and sling bags. The industry has decided to lump many camera bags for women into the “fashion camera bags” category, and with that, we’ve worked hard to curate what we think are the 25 best and most beautiful camera bags for women.
1. POMPIDOO Miami Camera Satchel
Made from vintage Italian leather and crafted overseas in Latvia, this camera bag isn’t exactly cheap, but what it lacks in affordability, it makes up for in style. Available in 3 different color combinations, this women’s camera bag is roomy enough to hold a full-sized DSLR camera with up to 2 lenses and some extra space for accessories or a small tablet. As expected, the main compartment is padded and has three touch-fastening dividers as well as an inner zip pocket with slots for credit cards. It, of-course, also comes with an adjustable shoulder strap.
- Holds a full-sized DSLR with 2 lenses
- Vintage Italian leather
- Padded main compartment
- Holds up to 2.8kg of weight
- Reinforced handle
- Brand: Pompidoo
- Model: Miami
- Dimensions: 11.8″ x 8.6″ x 4.7″
The Jo Totes brand is going to come up a lot in this article as they are one of the only companies in the world that are dedicated entirely to the manufacture of stylish women’s camera bags. As a result, here is the first entry from the Jo Totes brand, a gorgeous large lady camera bag that is bound to satisfy most female photographer’s needs, including the desire to look fashionable and chic while shooting. Dubbed as the Missy Mint, this camera bag includes two large exterior pockets sealed with magnetic closures, a laptop sleeve and five adjustable interior pads to provide a high level of customizability for all your gear.
- Laptop sleep can hold up to a 15″ laptop
- Protective foam sewn into lining on all sides to protect your camera gear
- Five adjustable pads with velcro panels
- Removable and adjustable body strap with removable shoulder pad
- 2 interior pockets
- Brand: Jo Totes
- Model: Missy Mint
- Dimensions: 16″ x 11.5″ x 6.25″
3. GOgroove Digital SLR Camera Backpack
Available in three awesome and stylish colour combinations including the purple pictures above as well as teal and pink, this mid-sized camera backpack is for women that prefer the backpack photography lifestyle. As with all great camera backpacks, this GoGroove one offers easy side access, an adjustable interior, and a padded tablet / laptop compartment. Additionally includes a convenient tripod holding system with straps designed to keep the tripod in place while you’re trekking to your next shoot or photography adventure. The best part is? It’s very affordable for the amount of functionality you get with this camera bag.
- Includes a padded laptop / tablet compartment
- Comfortable, padded shoulder straps that are just the right width
- Includes a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Brand: GOGroove
- Model: Digital SLR Camera Backpack
- Dimensions: 15” x 10” x 7”
4. Epiphanies Travel Co. – Cortina Camera Bag
Don’t expect this camera bag to hold a whole lot more than your DSLR camera + one lens. But perhaps what it lacks in size, it more than makes up for in looks. It’s light, it’s made of leather and includes gorgeous and functional interior padding. Additionally, each bag comes with a leather one-of-a-kind vintage embroidered strap. And while they don’t seem to feature other colors aside from what you see above on their website, Epiphanie states that this bag is available in three colors: Brown, Black and Wine.
- Premium full-grain leather
- Removable and adjustable leather strap
- Zip-top closure
- 2 slip pockets
- Brand: Epiphanie Travel Co.
- Model: Cortina
- Dimensions: 11” x 5” x 9”
5. TARION Camera Backpack Waterproof Camera Bag
This camera backpack from Tarion is a perfect solution for female photographers who don’t mind braving the elements while going out shooting. Certified as IPX waterproof this compact bag has a surprisingly large amount of capacity. The removable inner dividers ensure that you can use this beautiful German-made camera backpack as a regular bag. The inner drawstring allows for this camera bag to remain compact while allowing for a 10% expansion of space.
- Anti-theft back entry provides battery security for your photography gear
- Side-access zipper allows for quick access to your camera
- Can hold up to 2 DSLR cameras + 5 lenses
- Includes waterproof rain cover
- Dedicated compartment for an iPad
- Dedicated internal compartment for up to a 16″ laptop
- Brand: Tarion
- Model: Camera Backpack Waterproof
- Dimensions: 11.42″ x 6.3″ x 17.91″
6. Kelly Moore Bag Luna Vegan Day Camera Bag
The Vegan trend is strong. More and more people are switching to a plant-based diet, and their fashion choices around products that shun the use of leather are not far behind. That’s where the Luna Vegan camera bag comes in to play. From brand, Kelly Moore, this stylish women’s camera bag can hold up to a DSLR camera with an attached 8 inch lens, or a camera body plus two lenses. Two padded and adjustable dividers can be used to customize the internal basket and a tablet or small laptop can also fit on the side. The messenger bag style flap allows for easy access to all of your gear. What I like most about this bag is the combination of colours, especially the Bone white messenger flap.
- Removable padded basket
- Zippered pocket
- Three clear slip pockets
- Brand: Kelly Moore
- Model: Luna
- Dimensions: 12” x 5.5” x 10”
7. House of Flynn – Everyday Camera Bag
Made with an absolutely stunning distressed leather finish, this rather large camera bag / tote combination is sure to please any woman looking for a camera bag that combines looks, plenty of size and a gorgeous floral canvas interior. This means the size of this bag is very accommodating of a large amount of camera gear plus laptops / tablets and numerous accessories. Standard amongst camera bags, it also comes with an organizational insert including interior sidewall pockets.
- High-grade genuine leather
- Choose between distressed leather or a warm brown clean style with no distressing
- Includes shoulder handles or an adjustable crossbody strap
- Brand: House of Flynn
- Model: Everyday Bag – Vintage Brown
- Dimensions: 16” x 16.75” x 5.5”
8. Jo Totes – Allison Camera Bag with Dual Front Pouches
It’s hard to overstate versatility when it comes to camera bags. Normally when you think of that word as is pertains to camera bags, especially for women, you think of all the ways in which it can serve its purpose to provide you with a camera bag that’s not too unwieldy but also one that gives you enough space for your gear and simply gets out of the way as you’re taking your photos. But versatility in terms of style should also be valued. And that’s where the color of black comes in. This beautiful camera bag from Jo Totes also sports a vegan leather exterior with three front pockets and zippered closures. All four sides of the bag have protective foam sewn in to ensure all your precious SLR’s, laptops, tablets and lenses are always safe.
- Adjustable strap with removable shoulder pad
- Removable interior pads
- Interior zippered iPad pocket along with another zippered pocket for phone and keys
- Main compartment closes with a zipper
- Brand: Jo Totes
- Model: Allison Camera Bag
- Dimensions: 10” x 12” x 5’
9. Rofozzi – Multi-functional Leather Camera Bag
Yes, it comes in a few funky colours, but don’t let that throw you off. This mid-sized ladies camera bag comes in five different colours and is quite affordable priced for what you get. It’s a solid combination of utility and fashion that is marketed as a multi-function bag that is right at home with giving you a solid camera bag. With the ability to easily fit a DSLR camera plus one lens, it’s a perfect gift for any female photography enthusiast in your life.
- Textured vegan leather
- Cotton interior with padding
- Carry it like a hand-bag, shoulder bag, or crossbody satchel.
- Brand: Rofozzi
- Model: Multi-functional camera bag
- Dimensions: 13” x 9” x 6”
10. Jo Totes – Harbourside DSLR Messenger Camera Bag
Admittedly the entire mantra of this website is to feature products that are at least somewhat minimalist in nature. After all, that’s what my personal aesthetic tends to lean towards. That said, this ladies camera bag from Jo Totes fits that bill. Made in the messenger bag style, this larger sized bag can fit a full-sized DSLR along with three lenses and accessories. It can also accommodate up to a 15” sized laptop. Designed with comfort and ease of use in mind, the bag includes a large flap and zipper closure. Additionally, two large size pockets allow for further accessory carrying. Made from a combination of waxed canvas, leather accents and nylon, this bag should be reasonable weather resistant. Available in both Navy and Black.
- Holds DSLR, 3 Lenses and Accessories
- Can hold up to a 15 inch laptop
- Front zip compartment with inner pockets
- Brand: Jo Totes
- Model: Harbourside DSLR Messenger Camera Bag
- Dimensions: 16” x 10.8” x 5.5”
11. EPIPHANIE – Verona Camera Bag
This is one of those women’s camera bags whose creator’s have seemingly thought of everything. And really, that’s what makes a product stand out over its competition. It’s not the design or the fancy materials, or even how many features it has, it’s about the fact that it’s designers have actually put a tremendous amount of thought into how the product would work. This is reflected in this gorgeous camera bag for women from manufacturer Epiphanie. It’s a medium-sized bag that includes space for a good amount of gear including a 70-200mm lens and DSLR body. It can be worn cross-body or over your shoulder and includes a gorgeous indigo design on the interior which features a removable basket with padded dividers. Additionally it contains various internal and external pockets along with a credit-card holder and removable keychain.
- Zip-top closure
- 2 pockets with magnetic snap closure
- 2 large zipper pockets perfect for tablet or small laptop
- Brand: EPIPHANIE
- Model: Verona
- Dimensions: 12.5” x 7” x 11”
12. MegaGear – Torres Mini Camera Bag
The truth about this very nice looking camera bag for women from MegaGear is that you won’t be fitting a huge amount of gear in it, but it’s perfect for a day outing or casual photo-walks when you don’t want to be toting around too much weight. It’s also perfect as a quick grab and go bag for those impulsive photo-shoots that often result in some stunning photos you may not have captured otherwise. With still enough room to fit your DSLR and a mid-sized lens this camera bag is made from genuine Italian leather, and includes a comfortable cross-body strap that can also be worn on the shoulder. Fit your mirrorless, DSLR or compact camera. Best part? It comes in six stylish colours for you to choose from.
- Lightweight, compact travel size
- Removable and adjustable crossbody strap
- Available in black, brown, blue, maroon, mink and olive colours.
- Brand: MegaGear
- Model: Torres Mini Camera Bag
- Dimensions:8.5” x 7.5” x 4”
13. Figbags – The Hanborough Leather Satchel Camera Bag
If I were pressed into categorizing this camera bag, I’d say it more falls into the fashion camera bag category than a large utilitarian bag that you’ll be taking on your long photo-shoots. This camera bag from Figbags is definitely designed to impress with its absolutely beautiful leather finish available in six stylish colours. Made of handcrafted premium leather, the manufacturer beckons us to be transported to a time when bespoke craftsmanship with vintage style was the norm. Features movable dividers that will fit up to a DSLR sized camera body with medium sized lens.
- Inner pocket for small laptop, tablet
- Two, interior, movable dividers
- Brand: Figbags
- Model: The Hanborough Leather Satchel
14. Compagnon – The Little Backpack Camera Bag
From German manufacturer Compagnon, comes this incredibly functional and chic camera backpack designed for photography professionals. Made from incredibly strong and durable bull leather, this waxed canvas bag is the ultimate photographer’s camera backpack dream. Water resistant, durable, functional, and beautiful. The “little backpack” isn’t so little. It’s designed to allow you to carry up to 2-3 DSLR bodies, 4-6 lenses, a 13 inch laptop or tablet, cellphone, and every day carry items as well as a DJI Mavic pro drone, drinking bottle, an extra jacket, and even a tripod by way of two exterior mounts.
- Premium German bull leather
- Double-thick waxed canvas
- Tons of space for all your camera gear
- Brand: Compagnon
- Model: The Little Backpack
- Dimensions: 15.7” x 10.6” x 6.29”
15. ONA – Prince Street Camera Messenger Bag
While I certainly can’t claim that there is anything overly unique about this bag, there is simply something about it that bring all the elements that I would want out of a stylish camera bag. It’s not too big, it’s not too small, and best of all, its shape and availability of colours is right up my alley. Made of a water-resistant waxed canvas and full-grain leather, this is an extremely handsome looking camera bag. And while it definitely deserves to be on a list of camera bags I’d recommend for women, I’d say that this is definitely a bag that could appeal to men as well. It comes with the standard fare of an interior padded compartment with dividers and the ability to hold up to a DSLR sized camera body with two lenses and room for up to a 11” inch sized tablet or laptop.
- Two belt-like straps with antique brass knuckles provide easy access to the interior
- Adjustable shoulder strap with comfort pad
- Removable top grab handle
- Brand: ONA
- Model: Prince Street Camera Messenger Bag
- Dimensions: 12.5” x 10” x 4.5”
16. ZLYC – Small Leather Shoulder Camera Bag
I’ve included a lot of medium-to-large sized bags on this list thus far, but there’s no doubt that sometimes you just want to grab your camera and go and keep things light. For such situations, this small leather camera bag for women made by manufacturer ZLYC might be the ideal bag for you. It’s what I would call a practical size and really doesn’t have much more room inside of it outside of a DSLR sized camera with attached lens. Sure there’s some side-pockets, pen slots, phone holder, and a front and rear pocket perhaps big enough for a small notebook, but you won’t be toting much more gear than that. Luckily, even though it’s small it still has a nice interior padded compartment.
- Pigskin interior flap
- 2 exterior pockets + phone holder and 2 pen slots
- Made from 100% genuine leather
- Available in 2 colours
- Brand: ZLYC
- Model: Small Leather Camera Bag
- Dimensions: 7.5” x 5.1” x 7.5”
17. POMPIDOO – Palermo Camera Bag
Lovingly made in Latvia from vintage Italian leather, this camera bag for women is available in three colours: Almond brown, Dusky grey, and this gorgeous Midnight Blue you see above here. It’s a mid-sized bag, and will definitely hold a decent amount of gear (DSLR + 3 lenses), but what I like most about it is how easily it masquerades as just a very nice looking purse. In addition to the standard fare of internal dividers, the interior is made of a gorgeous fine fabric pattern. Zipper closure, dual carry straps and an adjustable shoulder strap with bottom feet for upright standing. What’s not to love about this gorgeous ladies camera bag?
- Holds DSLR sized camera + 3 lenses
- Padded interior iPad / Tablet sleeve
- Vintage Italian leather + Metal Feet
- Brand: Pompidoo
- Model: Palermo Camera Bag
- Dimensions: 14.6” x 6.7” x 10.6”
18. Tog – The Big Tog Bag
We now take a brief return to the category of camera bag backpacks to show you this gorgeous piece of functional art that really doesn’t look like a camera bag, but has been designed for the ultimate combination of fashion and utility. Available in three gorgeous colours, the Big Tog Bag is made with vegan leather, and includes a massive amount of space and utility by way of internal dividers and pockets out the wazoo. It’s large enough to fit a 16” MacBook pro and provides a convenient carry attachment for any tripod you may want with you. Do yourself a favour and click-through to check out all the details of this gorgeous camera backpack, clearly designed for the fashion conscious female photographer.
- Side pocket to allow easy access to grab your camera
- Side pocket to carry tripod or large water bottle
- Removable velcro dividers allow for huge customization
- Can hold up to a DSLR camera body + 5-6 lenses
- Brand: TOG
- Model: The Big Tog Bag
- Dimensions: 30cm x 44cm x 16cm
19. POMPIDOO Cologne Camera Bag
This simply stunning leather camera bag is designed to both look good and offer enough space for a quick photo-walk or shoot that doesn’t require a copious amount of gear. It will fit a DSLR sized camera body with a medium-sized lens on it, plus 1 relatively small to medium lens. The interior lining is simply a work of art while maintaining its simple lines it offers two exterior zippered accessory pockets. Padded compartments along with bottom hardware make for a sturdy and safe space for all your camera gear. This is perhaps the most fashionable of all fashion camera bags for ladies that I’ve come across to date.
- Italian Leather construction
- Padded and zippered main compartment
- Available in four colour options including the Ocean blue shown above as well as Cinnamon Brown, Sandy Beige, and Shadowy Black
- Brand: Koolertron
- Model: Leather Shoulder Messenger Camera Bag
- Dimensions: 11.4” x 5.1” x 8.3”
20. POMPIDOO – Lima Female Camera Bag
I think it’s fair to admit at this point that I’m a little obsessed with the POMPIDOO brand of camera bags for women. They’re definitely not the cheapest, but there’s something about whoever designs these that is kind of my aesthetic soulmate. That is if I were a woman. Available in three color combinations, it’s probably fair to describe this camera bag as both petite and elegant. Like the previous bag on this list, you won’t be toting around a huge amount of gear in this bag. But what it lacks in size, it more than makes up for in style.
- Made from Italian leather
- Padded main compartment
- Two-touch fastening padded dividers
- Brand: POMPIDOO
- Model: Lima Female Camera Bag
- Dimensions: 9.8” x 7.1” x 3.9”
21. GOgroove DSLR Camera Backpack for Women
The GOgroove backpack brings together the right number of practical choices that every quality camera backpack must make, but does it all at an incredibly affordable price point. Add to that the fact that it’s been designed for women and is available in 7 gorgeous color combinations and you have found a winning combination for what a great camera backpack for a woman should be. There’s so much to love here, including a side access opening, rain cover, luggage handle slot, plus tons of space for all your gear.
- Padded interior with customizable compartments
- Accessory pockets, rain cover, tripod foot holder
- Padded laptop compartment will fit up to a 16 inch laptop.
- Brand: GOgroove
- Model: Camera Backpack
- Dimensions: 17” x 12” x7”
22. Jo Totes – Bellbrook Backpack Camera Bag
Designed to serve as a fashionable and practical camera backpack, the Jo Totes Bellbrook is yet another example of minimalistic design that hides essential complexity on the inside. It’s made from American waxed canvas and trimmed with high quality leather. In what has become a standard for camera backpacks, the Bellbrook includes a nice side pocket to allow you to quickly access your camera. With enough room for multiple DSLR sized bodies, lenses and up to a 15 inch laptop, it’s hard to go wrong with this stylish black camera bag for women.
- Seven padded dividers in two different sizes make interior customization nearly infinite
- Laptop sleeve can hold up to a 15 inch laptop
- Large, zipped pocket in front
- Adjustable, padded shoulder straps
- Brand: Jo Totes
- Model: Bellbrook Backpack – Black
- Dimensions: 15.75″ x 12″ x 6.25″
23. Billingham – Hadley Small Camera Bag
I’m not going to pretend that this is a cheap camera bag for women. Because it’s not. It’s also not the most fashionable thing on this list, but what it may lack in looks and colour options, it more than makes up in quality. You see, the Billingham name has, at least in bag manufacturing circles become synonymous with extreme high quality. Everything, from the materials used, to the craftsmanship, to the usability is at a level that most camera bag manufacturers don’t cross into. Do yourself and check out this bag. And if you find that this bag is too small, Billingham carries a ton of other sizes and options for any female photographer looking for a camera bag that will last her for years to come.
- Dual laminate waterproof canvas
- Bellowed front pockets with buckle adjustment
- Interior expandable pockets
- Brand: Billingham
- Model: Hadley Small Camera Bag
24. Pompidoo – Amsterdam Unisex Camera Bag
Another decidedly stunningly beautiful camera bag from the folks at Pompidoo. They call it a Unisex bag, and sure, I can see a few gentlemen carrying this around, but without a doubt I think this camera bag was designed with women in mind. Made of incredibly exquisite Italian leather that looks like it belongs on an beautifully aged horse saddle, this camera bag can fit a full sized DSLR along with up to 2-3 lenses (depending on size). I particularly like the hook clasp on the front flap which stands out as a unique feature I haven’t seen on too many camera bags for women. Dual top-handles and a removable cross-body shoulder strap top off this stunner of a bag.
- Padded main compartment with removable and customizable dividers
- Can fit up to a 10 inch tablet.
- Accordion-style pocket with organizer and a zippered rear pocket
- Brand: Pompidoo
- Model: Amsterdam Unisex Camera Bag
- Dimensions: 11″ x 14.2″ x 5.9″
25. TOG – The Mini Tog Bag
And for our final camera bag on what I hope was a useful list of camera bags for women appears what is possibly the cutest camera backpack I’ve ever come across. I mean this thing is tiny, but still somehow useful. It won’t be holding much more than DSLR with a small-to mid-size lens, but its compact size has its own advantages. It’s not bulky, it’s clean, and again, just gosh-darn cute. And even though it may be somewhat diminutive in stature it still has enough sections and pockets for things like notepads, business cars, phones, etc. Bonus points for being made with vegan leather.
- Buying this bag will help some money go back to an animal welfare charity
- Made with vegan leather
- Front-zip pocket
- Brand: Tog
- Model: The Mini Tog Bag
- Dimensions: 22cm x 28cm x 14cm