I go through socks like nobody’s business. I used to go through them even faster when I lived in a 100+-year-old row house whose floorboard nails would constantly snag my socks and put holes in them. Nevertheless, socks have become a terrific place to define some personal style in recent years. That’s probably why we decided to feature some funny and novelty socks for men a while back. And despite picking up a few pairs of fun socks mentioned in that list, my appetite for adorning my feet with socks that stand out and make a bit of a fashion splash was not nearly satiated.
Enter the brand known as Sock it to Me. And while this company has now branched out into other product categories such as underwear, face masks and other small accessories like these well-designed water bottles and enamel pins, their socks are still their bread-and-butter offering.
The company was started in 2004 by founder Carrie Atkinson and now sells over 400 original designs. And let me tell you, these are not your Dad’s socks. Not that your Dad wouldn’t wear them. In fact, they make for terrific dad gifts, but what I’m trying to say is that their sock designs are the opposite of conventional. Their socks are downright kooky and fun, with bright coloured designs and tons of great illustrations.
I decided to test the Sock it to Me socks on my entire family. No complaints were heard, and they were simply happy with their designs and comfort. As for me, I found the pairs of Sock it to Me socks that I tried on to be comfortable, stylish and did not bunch up in any way that other so-called “fun and stylish” socks tend to do.
Not every foot sock that Sock it to Me contains the same cotton-poly blend, but the manufacturing choices they have made result in socks that are soft to the touch and comfortable to wear all day long.
So what kind of sock designs will you find at Sock it to Me? I’ll let a part of their company’s self-description give you a clue:
We believe in unicorns, sasquatch, and all the magical things that color outside the lines. We believe that the world would be a better place if everyone felt encouraged to be their authentic self.
- Stay up socks (meaning they don’t slip down your calf very often)
- 2-ply heels for added cushion
- A comfortable cotton blend of materials
- Huge variety of fun designs
- Glow-in-the-dark sock options!
- Sizes for Men, women and Kids!
- My kid won’t stop wearing her rainbow socks
- Fairly priced
- Variety of sock heights
- Certified OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 threads which means certain chemicals are kept out of the manufacturing process, leading to healthier and happier skin
- They wash well and have remained in excellent condition after about two months of wear
- Different kinds of socks are available, including Crew socks, no-show socks, knee-high socks, stretch-it-wide calf socks, kids socks, and dress socks.
- Ship to the U.S. and internationally
NOT SO AWESOME
- I did find the socks to be a touch on the thin side, but this is a minor complaint
And finally, I should mention that if you don’t want to purchase Sock-it-to-Me socks a-la-carte, you can always take advantage of their monthly sock subscription. Here’s what you can expect:
- Two new pairs of socks every month
- Designs that are not available for purchase for non-subscribers
- The socks arrive in a fun box, and you’ll often find surprise freebies and extras
- Subscriptions start at $22 / month for one month and go up to a 12-month subscription that will cost you $18.33 per month.
So if you’re looking to spice up your foot fashion, I’d highly recommend giving this brand a try. Their design collection continues to grow, and if you sign-up for their subscription box, you’ll be surprised every month with unique and not-available-anywhere-else designs.
In addition to the socks you’ve seen here, here are a few more of my favourite sock designs they currently sell: