If you’re on the hunt for a great laptop stand, perhaps you should first consider what a wooden laptop stand can accomplish for you. First, there’s the aesthetics. With the possible exception of one-piece aluminum laptop stands, laptop stands made out of wood, whether bamboo, pine, oak, or even composite material, tend to outclass their metal compatriots in the aesthetics department. There’s just something beautiful, minimalist, and subtle about the fine grain of natural wood. This is especially true if you’re trying to match your laptop stand with your office desk.
Secondly, whether horizontal or vertical, wooden laptop stands tend to stand the test of time a little bit better than height adjustable laptop stands that have many moving parts. Those moving parts are prone to breaking a bit more than a solid piece of wood with perhaps a simple angle adjustment mechanism. Another advantage of a wooden laptop stand is that they can bear a bit more weight than metal stands in most cases. And while most laptops are fairly light, wooden stands tend to flex less and stay more rigid than their aluminum counterparts. And of course, just like laptop stands made from different materials, the wooden variety is just as portable. So are you ready to be introduced to the best wooden laptop stands currently available? Let’s have a look at them.
1. WishACC Bamboo Adjustable Laptop Stand
This wonderful and capable laptop stand is made from high-quality bamboo and has a double-ventilated surface area to keep your laptop running as cool as possible. This is particularly useful for non-mac laptops. Five different adjustable angles by way of sturdy metal in a wooden groove mechanism will ensure that no matter what size laptop you place on this stand, there won’t be any wobble. From 20° to 48°, the five viewing angles provide plenty of flexibility for your personal preference, which is a nice touch. So no matter whether you’re using an external keyboard or not, you’ll always have the right angle for comfortable typing with this wooden laptop stand. And to top it all off, this bamboo laptop stand features a nice grain and thin profile, so it doesn’t look too bulky on your modern office desk, no matter whether it’s a sit or standing desk.
- Ventilated surface for additional laptop cooling
- Collapsible design allows for flat packing and added mobility
- Adjustable angles
- Suitable for laptops between 11″ and 17.3″
- Weight: 2.29 lbs
- Dimensions: 15.35″ x 11.02″ x 1.57″
2. Samdi Wooden Laptop Stand
While it’s only the second item on this list of wooden laptop stands, I think it’s safe to say that this is the best-looking wood laptop stand there is. Available in either a birch or Walnut finish, this gorgeous laptop stand uses the natural curvature that only wood grain can accomplish to provide a sleek, minimalist, and sturdy frame for your laptop.
But what truly makes this laptop stand a cut above the competitors in the wooden laptop stand market is all the thoughtful design touches that result in a multitude of features. First is the thoughtfully carved strip-shaped holes in the stand’s surface to create a better cooling experience. Next, we have the nicely shaped lip that holds the laptop in place along with a thoughtfully carved out notch to allow for easy access to your laptop lid. The carved out hole in the stand’s neck is also a nice way to provide some manner of rudimentary cable management. And finally is the ability to quickly store your external keyboard on top of the foot of the stand, allowing you to free up more desktop space.
- Built-in breathing slots carved in the wooden stand
- Cable and cord management
- Ideally angled for viewing and typing
- Includes 3M non-slip mat stick-ons to raise the stand slightly from the surface of your desk and prevent scratching or movement
- Made of natural wood
- Ideal for laptops between 12″ and 17″ in size
- Weight: 2.27 lbs
- Dimensions: 10.83″ x 6.3″ x 5.63″
3. Ergonofis Laptop Stand
Simple, strong, and with striking angular lines, this perfectly crafted wooden laptop stand made in Montreal, Canada, is more a work of art than a laptop stand. But if you don’t mind having a work of art on your desk, then this wooden laptop stand available in walnut, birch, and maple will elevate any workspace. Each of these laptop stands from Ergonofis features soft padding made of natural cork to allow smooth movements or adjustments on top of your work surface while saving it from unnecessary scratches or dents. And of course, because of the hollow storage area beneath, you’ll be able to tuck your external keyboard and accessories underneath neatly. They make great wood in Canada eh?
- Made of 100% premium solid wood
- Built by hand
- 1-year warranty
- Ideal for laptops between 11″ to 17″
- Dimensions: 19″ x 22″ x 3.25″ x 6″
- Depth: 11.5″
4. Layture - Real Wood Notebook Riser Stand
This unique bamboo laptop stand features an aluminum inlay into the surface to provide efficient ventilated cooling across nearly the entire width of your laptop. Featuring a pleasing curved “S” shape, this laptop stand’s ergonomic design will allow for better posture and positioning while you work. The natural bamboo finish provides an airy look and feel, while the hole carved in the rear provides simple cable management.
- Cable management
- A built-in perforated aluminum heat-sink
- Solid Bamboo construction
- Ideal for laptops from 11″ to 17″
- Weight: 2 lbs
- Dimensions: 13.8″ x 10.6″ x 3.2″
5. EqualPeaks - Paramount Eco Wood Laptop Stand + Phone holder
Every time I include a product sold on Etsy in any buying guide, I get a little burned. You see, popular products on Etsy tend to vanish very quickly, so you might want to consider picking up this wooden laptop stand soon if you fancy it. Despite going against my instincts, I had to include it here because I like it that much. This premium wooden laptop stand is made from birch plywood and would make a nice stand for anyone that owns a Macbook or Macbook pro. Designed to maximize height, this wooden laptop stand attempts to bring your computer to eye level, thus improving overall ergonomic performance. Additionally, it also features a handy dual-groove phone stand that is built into the base.
- Made in Northern Ireland
- Lifts your laptop over 7 inches from the desktop or table surface
- The sculpted and curved design attempts to maximize airflow
- Can be easily disassembled for traveling and maximize portability
- Cable management
- Accommodates laptops between 12″ and 17″
- Dimensions: Unknown
- Weight: Unknown
6. Nnewvante Adjustable Laptop Desk Stand
Good work on the brand name there. Make it as ridiculously unpronounceable as possible and call it a day. I suppose it’s a good thing this company knows how to make a good wooden laptop stand. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have given them a second look. In any case, this highly versatile laptop desk is something that is decidedly not minimalist. But what it may lack in aesthetically coating your eyes in waves of visual pleasure, it makes up for in utility. Made from bamboo, this multi-use stand can be used as a laptop desk and as a TV dinner tray, serving desk, or even a vertical laptop riser for office workers that prefer to stand at their desks. Oh, and it even has a small drawer for storage. It’s also available in three different sizes. So if you’re looking for a highly flexible and height-adjustable wooden laptop stand, this Bamboo laptop stand from Nnewvante is the way to go.
- Available in three sizes
- Height and width adjustable
- Angle adjustment mechanism provides five different angles to find the perfect viewing angle
- Small storage drawer
- Round, smooth corners
- Leg lock prevents the legs from suddenly folding inwards
- Removable leg covers
- Weight: 5.9 lbs
- Dimensions small: 19.8″ x 12.1″
- Dimensions medium: 21.6″ x 13.7″
- Dimensions large: 23.6″ x 15.7″
7. Grovemade Wood Laptop Stand
As far as confessions go, this one is pretty tame. Nevertheless, the practical side of my brain still occasionally yells at me for buying this laptop stand for literally nothing else other than the way it looks. I mean, look at that thing. It’s stunning. Available in walnut or maple finish, this wooden laptop stand from Grovemade is the ultimate expression of woodworking taken to create an object that screams to sit atop a modern and fashionable desk surface.
- Hand-sanded and finished with vegetable-based oil
- Will work with laptops up to 17 inches in size
- Supports up to 200 lbs… though I’m not sure why that’s a relevant detail. I mean, what kind of 1990s era laptop are you sitting on top of this thing, an IBM mainframe?
- Leather lining on the metal lip protects your precious laptop from being scratched (I’m looking at you Macbook owners)
- Natural cork feet
- Made in Oregon, USA
- Front base width: 18″
- Rear base width: 20.5″
- Front height: 3.25″
- Rear height: 6″
- Depth: 11.5″
- Thickness: 0.5″
8. Wooden Macbook and Macbook Pro Laptop Stand
This wooden laptop stand, as illustrated in the photo above, was definitely made for a Macbook or Macbook pro and those that use an external Apple keyboard. Yes, it will also suit other laptops, but this is a perfect solution if you run with a Macbook. Easy to disassemble and carry with you in a flat configuration, this laptop stand comes in two sizes: for 11-13 inch laptops and 14-16 inch laptops. Made of lightweight pinewood, it’s also anti-scratch resistant due to a special coating. This wooden laptop stand is also ideal for Macbooks and Macbook pros used in clamshell mode as it can be stood up vertically like this.
- Can be used in clamshell mode
- Made of pinewood
- Anti-scratch coating
- Easy to take apart and pack into a messenger bag
- Made in Vietnam
- Withstands loads of up to 33 lbs
- Dimension: 210 mm x 95 mm x 120 mm (11-13 inch)
9. Adjustable Laptop Desk Table for Bed - Wooden
This highly versatile laptop stand is more than just something you can plop on your office desk. It’s also made to be a great foldable laptop stand that you can use while sitting on your couch or bed. With five adjustable heights and four tiltable angles, this walnut finished laptop stand even has a built-in USB cooling fan! That’s a defining feature I’ve yet to see in any other laptop stand, wooden or otherwise. Equipped with silicone wrist rests and a removable stopper for both the stand and a mouse or other computer accessory, this stand can also be perfectly suited for holding a book or even as a breakfast tray. See, I told you it was versatile!
- Five heights from 9.6″ to 12.8″
- Four tiltable angles including 0°, 12°, 24°, and 36°
- Built-in USB cooling fan
- Foldable design
- Detachable stoppers
- Ideal for laptops up to 17 inches
- Can hold up to 77 lbs in weight
- Tray size: 20.8″ x 11.8″
- Material: MDF desktop and aluminum legs
- Weight: 4.39 lbs
10. JackCubeDesign Tablet Laptop Stand for Desk
Running with a theme here, this mixed-materials laptop stand uses a sumptuous, high-quality bamboo as the primary try and silver aluminum for its legs and reinforcing structure. This is a pretty simple stand without many frills, but what you get is a stylish laptop stand that will feel right at home if you’re aiming for a minimalist aesthetic. Modern, stylish, sturdy, and ergonomically tilted. What more could you want from a beautiful wooden laptop stand. I suppose the very cheap price is also a big upside.
- Affordable wooden laptop stand
- Stylish minimalist design
- Can accommodate laptops up to 17 inches in size
- Dimensions: 20.7″ x 6.7″ x 5.12″
11. Oakywood Wooden Laptop Stand
Here’s another amazing wooden laptop stand that we can safely say is perhaps the best-looking laptop stand in the world. Well, maybe it’s tied with the Grovemade stand I featured in this list earlier.
Available in two solid wood finishes, walnut, and oak, this stand will raise your laptop about six inches off the ground and has been engineered to provide the most ideally ergonomic angle for typing and viewing. Slide your external mouse and keyboard underneath the stand, and you’ve got one neat desktop workspace.
- Hand-crafted from solid wood in Poland
- Two wood options available: oak and walnut
- Natural oil finish provides a smooth surface and a protective sheen
- Bottom cork protection pads
- Dimensions: 9.5″ X 19″
- Front height: 3″
- Rear height: 6″
- Laptop surface: 14″ x 9″
12. iWoodStar Elevated Wooden Laptop Riser
Here’s another gorgeously crafted laptop stand made out of polished and lacquered bamboo that can hold laptops between 11-17 inches in size. Rising 5 inches off your desk at a 25-degree angle, the sloped and smooth slopes of this hand-crafted stand perfects a minimalistic look. Because of the unique wooden pattern of Bamboo, each stand is unique. No two are alike!
- Ideal for laptops between 11-17 inches
- Available in two colour finishes: Yellow and Brown
- Dimensions: 6.3″ x 10.8″
- Height: 5.6″
- Weight: 2 lbs
13. SAMDI Heighten Wood Notebook Stand
The design of this wooden laptop stand from SAMDI may be the most subtle and quietly awesome design I’ve seen so far. With a gentle S-curve construction, this lightweight laptop stand is available in white birch and black walnut. With its uncomplicated design with air slots on the surface to promote laptop cooling, this stand can work both for laptops, iPads, and other tablets. The 20-degree angle is a little less aggressive than other laptop stands but still confers plenty of ergonomic advantages. And finally, the very nature of its design makes it almost appear as if though your laptop is floating on air.
- Cut out slots to promote air cooling
- Strong hot-pressed wood design
- Simple floating S-shaped curves
- Birch or walnut construction
- Dimensions: 9.33″ x 2.99″ x 10.03″
- Weight: 1.14 lbs
14. ErgoTree - Wood Laptop Stand
As the legend goes, this laptop stand was born in a coffee shop. Well, at least the idea for it did. Hunched over his laptop, creator Kyle noticed that practically everyone was doing the same. So why not create an easy to take with you and fold multi-functional laptop stand. The result is the ErgoTree laptop stand, which will bring your laptop to the perfect eye-level height. Made from bamboo harvested from Bend, Oregon, this laptop stand also features rare-earth strong magnets that allow the stand to lock itself together for easy transport and storage.
- Super portable
- Can hold laptops and iPads up to 17 inches in size
- Each purchase results in a tree being planted
- Dimensions: 12″ x 1″ x 7″
- Weight: 0.87 lbs
15. WooderfulShop - Wooden Laptop Stand
Calling this wooden laptop stand something other than minimalist would be a disservice to the very essence of that word. But let’s not pretend that this stand is full of features. It’s not. But what it may miss in the features department it more than makes up for in its portability. Available in two options, the classic design, that doesn’t feature cut-outs, and a “fresh air” stand with large cut-outs for added air cooling, this beautiful oak wood stand for laptops or tablets is made by hand and uses a gorgeous wax and oil finish to complete the look. Anti-slip stickers on the feet are included, and because it’s essentially two movable pieces of wood, it can fit a laptop of any size. But obviously, the best aspect of this wooden laptop stand is that it’s insanely portable.
- The most compact wooden laptop stand available
- Holds notebooks and tablets up to 17 inches in size
- Free engraving
- Embedded strong magnets for easy storage and carrying
- 100% eco-friendly
- Dimensions: 9.49″ x 1.81″ x 0.79″